Parish Giving Scheme
What is the Parish Giving Scheme (PGS)?
The Parish Giving Scheme is a nationwide tool to support church giving, manage regular donations and reduce parish administration.
The scheme allows people to make regular, planned donations to their local church by Direct Debit.
It is operated as a partnership between Church of England dioceses to ensure that it can remain delivered locally but administered as cost effectively as possible. It has been in operation since 2008 and is already making a huge impact. The Bristol Diocese became the 18th diocese to join the scheme, and is offering the benefits to all parishes free of charge.
In summary, the PGS enables you to:
- Donate monthly, quarterly or annually by Direct Debit
- To sign up to inflation linked giving annually (optional)
- To enhance your gift to the parish by having Gift Aid at 25% added to your giving (if eligible)
- To give anonymously if you prefer
- To do so securely
See this short video on PGS.
How can ST MARY'S benefit?
The benefits of this scheme for St Mary's include:
- an improved cash flow and a reduced administrative burden as Gift Aid is claimed automatically and paid into the church account each month,
- ‘inflation-proofed’ giving, as donors have the option to increase their gift annually in line with inflation thus retaining the ‘real’ value of their donation, and
- encouraging donors to review their giving annually - it's easy to forget how much the value of our original commitment to regular giving may have fallen over the years!
100% of donations come directly back to our parish from the PGS each month.
How can I Join?
There are now three ways you can join the PGS for St Mary's Church.
- ONLINE - Go Online to sign up for a PGS account and enter the information required - a very straightforward process taking only a few minutes
- TELEPHONE - Use the telephone service to sign up to the scheme more easily. The dedicated telephone number is 0333 002 1271 (Lines open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm). You will need your bank account details and the following parish information:
Church/parish name: St Mary's Purton
PGS parish code: 050605169
- PAPER - Contact our Treasurer Berta Legg for a gift form. Fill in the information required and return it to the PGS address given.
More information available at www.parishgiving.org.uk/donors/